Tuesday, August 17, 2010

No longer the baby

Please note, this was written yesterday 8/16. However it was posted today.

Last night was a long night for Dane and I. Since my MIL was visiting, Gage camped out in the playroom with her and that left Dane to sleep in their room alone. So, in order to have him adjust and have fun himself we let him sleep in his big brothers bed. Around 4am he must have rolled off the bed. It's a low twin bed but enough to startle him. I heard him tumble and start to cry so I went to check and make sure he was okay. Got him back into bed and sat with him for a few. When I thought I was in the clear I got up and left. He wasn't having it so I sat back down. It was this time I realized shortly he won't be my baby anymore. I mean, he'll always be my baby, but he won't be the baby anymore.

Sitting on the end of the bed and his little feet wiggling around, trying to get comfortable. It made me think, these feet are still so tiny but they soon won't be the smallest in the house. I'm having a hard time grasping this and coming to terms that he won't actually be the youngest anymore. I had more time for the preparation between Gage and Dane, then I do Dane and Bishop. The spacing between the older two is almost (seriously 6 weeks shy of) 3 years. These two, will be 20/21 months apart. A lot less time. We got pregnant with Dane the month after Gage turned 2. So yeah, big leap of difference. One was easier to prepare for.

It's quite strange to think soon our family will have another one added. We've always wanted more kids. Its just weird to actually have it happen against our plans. I know that it'll be like he was always there and a perfect fit. Its just weird to think. We're days away from him making his appearance and days away from Dane not being my littlest anymore. He'll be a great big brother I know it. Just like Gage is a great big brother. He has a wonderful brother to model.

Now, its time to get those last little baby snuggles in before we have a new baby in the house. Am I ready? I don't know. I don't think I'll ever be ready for 3 and two of them under 2. Soon I'll have a 5 year old, 2 year old and a baby under 1. Crazy. I'm not ready but the jump is right there!

Ready or not, here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment