Wednesday, August 18, 2010

According to Babycenter.com; 39 weeks

Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.
Ah, joy. So I've got a watermelon hanging out inside of me. Really, do we need to put the size of a baby into food perspective? I mean, when he was the size of a Jicama (Seriously, what the hell is that?) that was fine and dandy because it's something i've never heard of. But must we, must we compare the baby to a snack I enjoy? I'll feel guilty the next time I eat a mini watermelon! Damn you babycenter.

Anyways, so I'm 39 weeks and 3 days. I have 4 days until I'm due. I hope he comes sooner then later. I've done the whole late thing, it's not all its cracked up to be. I'm ready, he better be ready. I'm just more ready to be able to stand up without assistance or being able to roll over in bed without it taking 15 damn minutes to do so! Sleep, I want sleep. Also, don't bother with the whole "Once you have a newborn be prepared not to sleep!" I slept better after each of my boys births then I did during my pregnancies, so HA. I know he may be different, but I will still probably sleep better. Dane was our fussy baby, he was the harder one out of our current two. We survived though and you can bet your ass i got more sleep when he was fussier then when I was pregnant. 

I'm ready though. So Bishop, here it is, I'm calling you out kidlet. Time to be born and soon! I'm ready and overly anxious to meet you. We need you out here with us because you'd be such a wonderful welcoming distraction. Plus I bet your uber adorable like your brothers were. Who doesn't love babies? I love babies! So, lets get this party started. You start the labor and I'll do all the hard work, mk? Okay.

Baby and uterus, get the memo! We must prove Naomi wrong ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment